Utensils and ingredients to make a matcha latte
You will also need a whisk, here we used a bamboo whisk but you can use a classic one.
A large japanese bowl or a mug large enough to mix the matcha easily.
Milk, almond milk, rice milk, cow milk… you choose. As matcha is very bitter, you will need sugar to adjust according to your taste and the milk you use because some are already bitter.
Matcha latte recipe
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1/4 tbsp hot water from your bowl
- 1 tbsp milk bowl
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Place your matcha green tea in the bottom and pour in hot water.
- Mix slowly at first, then faster and faster.
- Finally, whisk vigorously until small bubbles appear on the surface.
- Add your milk cold or hot by adding the sugar. Here we heated it in a saucepan and then whipped it with an electric whisk for 5 minutes to obtain a creamy mousse.
- Add the milk to the matcha green tea and mix, it's ready!
- If you like, you can sprinkle a little matcha green tea on top.
Tips and tricks
If you want a cold version, you can add ice cubes! The matcha latte can be drunk for breakfast or as an afternoon snack with a pastry. It is a sweet, light and delicious drink that keeps all the benefits of matcha. In Japan, this drink is enjoyed in summer as well as in winter and there are ready-made instant powders.