Here is a new recipe for a matcha green tea cake with white chocolate and almond powder. We had already made a first recipe of green tea cake very soft and this new version has less eggs and no fresh cream!
It’s a more gourmet recipe and more nuanced in taste, the white chocolate and almond powder blend very well with the matcha green tea.
Recipe green tea matcha white chocolate cake
- 3 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 150 g white flour
- 70 g almond powder
- 70 g white chocolate chips
- 180 gr melted butter
- 1/2 packet of baking powder
- 7 à 10 g matcha green tea powder + a little hot water to dilute it
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Butter your cake tin.
- In a large bowl, crack your eggs and whisk them lightly. Then with your electric mixer, whisk the egg and sugar mixture.
- A tip, add your sugar little by little and mix for a good 5 minutes. The mixture will become lighter and lighter.
- Then gradually add the flour, baking powder and almond powder by sifting them together over the egg-sugar mixture. Mix with a marysee, mixing gently from the inside to the outside.
- Add the melted butter and mix.
- Add your green tea by diluting it a little with hot water, you get a thick paste. Here we use Korean matcha.
- Finally add your white chocolate chips, and bake for 40 minutes in your oven.
Tips and advice:
- It can be eaten hot or cold.
- It goes naturally well with green tea!
- You can add whipped cream and/or almond powder anko.
- You can also make a muffin version.
As an accompaniment I suggest a small strawberry salad: cut the strawberries into small cubes, sprinkle with sugar, add chopped fresh mint sprinkle a little lemon juice and mix well. Let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.