- 4 eggs
- 140 g white sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 160 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- anko we bought it ready made but you can make it yourself. Follow the link at the bottom of the article!
- oil for the pan
- Whisk together eggs, sugar and honey.
- Sift the flour and baking powder through a sieve and mix into a smooth dough.
- Keep in the fridge for 15 minutes to allow the dough to rise.
- The result is a thick, flowing batter! Brush your pan with oil using a paper towel or a brush and heat it on medium heat.
- Place a small circle of dough on top, as it will expand and puff up on its own! Let cook for 1 minute. You will see small bubbles appear, then turn the pancakes with a spatula.
- Put both sides on a plate and on one of them put some anko. Spread well on the edges, then close the whole.
- It's ready and it's even better hot! Have a good appetite!
Tips for dorayaki:
Be careful, the pancakes turn golden quickly because there is honey in the preparation, you have to watch them well.
To preserve your dorayaki, you can wrap them with plastic film and put them in your refrigerator. They will be less soft and more compact but still very good.
For the anko, we bought it ready-made but you can easily find it in Asian grocery stores. You can also make it yourself by following our recipe for homemade anko. As garnish you can also put :
- Whipped cream
- Matcha thick cream
- Black sesame ice cream…
This is a quick and easy recipe that requires little preparation. In Japan, dorayaki is eaten by hand or with green tea.
Think of your kids by making them a miniature version! They will love it!