This beautiful and elegant chirashi sushi is usually eaten during various celebrations and festivals in Japan such as Hina Matsuri (Doll Festival). It will be the perfect dish for people who enjoy Japanese food, sushi and sashimi. Its greatest feature is the beauty of the ingredients and colors, which makes it an ideal dish for a birthday or a party! Discover our quick, healthy, easy and delicious recipe!
Seafood chirashi sushi recipe
- 1 hangiri
- 700 g of hot Japanese rice
- 2 tbsp vinegar rice
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
Shiitake and carrot marinade
- 2 dried mushrooms shiitake
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp of sake
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp shoyu soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
Ingredients on top
- 100 g trout eggs
- 5 boiled shrimp
- 150 g raw bonito
- 150 g raw salmon
- 1 Kinshi omelette (2 eggs and 1 pinch of salt and 2 tsp of sugar)
Preparation of vinegar rice
- Wet the bottom of your hangiri and put the hot rice on top. Then, pour your heated marinade (rice vinegar, sugar and salt). Using a rice spatula, mix your rice to aerate and cool it. Reserve your rice with a damp cloth over it. For more details, we invite you to see our recipe for vinegared sushi rice.
Preparation of shiitake mushrooms and carrots
- Rehydrate dried shiitake mushrooms with water, cut off the stem and cut into thin slices. Peel the carrots and cut them into julienne. Add a little oil to a skillet over medium heat then add the shiitake mushrooms and carrots. Cook them over low heat until tender.
- Then add the marinade over low heat as well: sake, sugar, soy sauce, mirin. Let simmer until the broth has reduced. Add these shiitake mushrooms and carrots to the vinegar rice and mix in the hangiri.
Preparing the Kinshi Omelet
- Mix the eggs, sugar and salt together. In a large skillet, make a thin omelette. Once the kinshi omelette is cooked, place it on a cutting board and fold it in half to cut it into thin strips.
- Place these strips on your rice mixture in the hangiri.
- Cut the tuna and salmon into cubes and the prawns into small pieces. Arrange in order, the prawns, the tuna, the salmon, the trout eggs and finally the flat beans.
Tips for the seafood chirashi sushi recipe:
Serve the chirashi sushi directly in the middle of the table, it will be a sensation and serve your guests in bowls using the rice spatula.
You can eat it with soy sauce and wasabi.
Of course, you can replace some of the above ingredients with :
- Small slices of cucumber
- Small slices of carrots
- Small slices of nori
- thin slices of lotus root renkon
- thin slices of shiso leaves
Hangiri is very useful in the preparation of Japanese rice but it can also be a presentation dish like in our tekone sushi recipe!
If you want another version of chirashi, more spicy, discover our recipe of chirashi with salmon and avocado Korean style.