A greedy and fast recipe to change the sandwich, the onigirazu. Presentation :
Onigirazu, Japanese style sandwich
You like Japanese flavors but you don’t always have time to cook for a long time. The onigirazu a kind of sandwich maki – onigiri (rice ball) will be a good compromise for your picnics, lunch breaks and bento and will allow you to vary your dishes. Quick and simple, they can be changed at will and are very good. Here is our recipe:
- 1 sheet of food paper
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 rice spoon
- 1 grilled nori seaweed leaf "yakinori"
- 1 bowl of cooked sumeshi rice
- 1 bowl of vegetables "here green beans, you can vary with salad, shiso leaf..."
- 1 sweet and sour sauce "you can vary with soy sauce, wasabi, bulgogi, chili ..."
- 1 meat "here home-made breaded fish (you can vary, with beef, ham, tamagoyaki, chicken ...)"
- Place a food sheet on the cutting board.
- Place a whole sheet of nori on top, shiny side out, measuring 21x19 cm.
- Place half of the rice on the nori sheet, in the middle of it, forming a circle.
- On top, add your vegetables, here green beans.
- Then your meat and sauce on top.
- We put back a layer of vegetables and a layer of rice. You get a mountain of ingredients! Don't panic, it's normal!
- The folding is simple, just fold it like an envelope, the nori sheet sticks to the rice.
- Join all the corners in the center.
- Once folded, wrap it in cling film and press well, you get a compact ball.
- Wait, 2 minutes and cut in 2. Then remove the film.
- You can put it in your bento and enjoy it, bon appétit!
Tips and tricks to make onigirazu
The important basic ingredients are the nori sheet and the rice. If you want to make a good vinegared rice called sumeshi here is our recipe for Japanese rice. The advantage of onigirazu is that it can be eaten cold, it is hearty and its ingredients can be very varied and adapted to your taste. Here are some ideas of ingredients for those who don’t have any ideas:
You can add in your rice, some furikake
You can add Japanese condiment to your rice to give an extra flavor to the onigirazu.
Here are some ideas of combinations of ingredients:
- Breaded chicken, green beans, curry sauce
- Fried egg, bacon, shiso leaf, sliced cheddar cheese
- Tamagoyakitomato, soy sauce
- Beef, bulgogi sauce, bell bell pepper
- Shrimp, avocado, wasabi, sesame
- Raw salmon, tzatziki sauce, green salad
- Ebi fry, cucumber, sweet and sour sauce
- Karaage, ham, Kewpie mayonnaise
The idea of our recipe is to show you that you only need a few ingredients to make it, and that it can be adapted according to your desires. Of course, this recipe can be adapted to children. Complete (meat, vegetable and starch) it can replace a ham and butter sandwich and is healthier! You just have to reduce the nori leaf and the rice portion.
Tell us your favorite combinations of ingredients by commenting this article!