We present to you a delicious cheesecake recipe レアチーズケーキ with matcha yuzu that you can easily make without an oven at home. Simply whisk the ingredients together and place in the refrigerator for the mixture to harden. The flavors of matcha/yuzu and cream cheese work so well with white chocolate. Both fresh and indulgent, try it and enjoy!
Matcha yuzu cheesecake recipe
- 1 15 cm diameter mold
- 150 g yuzu cookies
- 70 g of melted butter
- 200 g freshly formed Philadelphia type
- 200 ml of fresh cream
- 100 g of white chocolate
- 2 tbsp matcha tea powder
- 50 g of sugar
- 10 g of gelatin
- matcha powder
Preparation of the cookie
- Put the cookies in a plastic bag with a zipper and hit or crush them with a rolling pin. After crushing them into small pieces, add the melted unsalted butter and fold it into the cookie crumbs.
- Put the crushed cookies in a baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom. Spread the mixture with a spoon and place the pan in the refrigerator to cool.
Preparation of the filling
- Add hot water to the gelatin to dissolve it. Look carefully at the instructions on the gelatin box, you can also replace it with agar agar.
- Finely chop the white chocolate.
- Put the cream in a saucepan and heat it over medium heat. Remove from heat before boiling and add and stir in the chocolate to melt.
- Put the Philadelphia cream cheese in a bowl, knead it with a rubber spatula, then add the sugar and mix well until you get a creamy and homogeneous consistency.
- Add the cream and white chocolate mixture little by little and mix well each time. Sift in the matcha powder and mix again. Finally, add the gelatin and mix one last time.
- Pour the mixture into your mold and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight to harden.
- To finish, remove from the pan and sift your matcha cheesecake before serving and enjoying!
Tips for the Matcha Yuzu Cheesecake Recipe
For the cookie bases, I use Gerblé brand yuzu cookies. You can totally use classic cookies or even Brittany palets!
The temperature of the hot water used for the gelatin varies according to the manufacturer, so please check and follow the method of use. If the gelatin is boiled, the coagulation rate will decrease and it will be difficult to make it solidify, so be careful not to boil it.