To make beautiful macaroons, you will need some kitchen equipment such as:
- A food processor or electric mixer
- Pastry bags and a minimum of 7 mm sleeves
- A perforated baking sheet for baking.
- A fine sieve
- A maryse or a pastry horn
- Parchment paper
- A kitchen scale
Matcha green tea and black sesame macaroon recipe
Pour les macarons
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 90 g almond powder
- 5 g matcha green tea
- 75 g egg whites (about 2 medium eggs)
- 10 g powdered sugar or white sugar
Ganache sésame noir chocolat blanc
- 50 g white chocolate
- 25 g whole cream 30% fat
- 1 tbsp black sesame paste
Preparation of the macaroon dough
- Mix the dry ingredients, almond powder, matcha tea and 150 grams of powdered sugar. Sift this mixture several times until you get a fine powder.
- Using an electric mixer, beat your egg whites until stiff. Then add the 10 grams of sugar in several times while mixing your egg whites.
- Fold the egg whites into the first mixture (matcha tea, almond powder and powdered sugar) using a marysee. Mix carefully but not too much.
Preparation of the macaroons
- On a sheet of parchment paper draw your circles to have the templates of the macaroons. Place this sheet on the perforated plate, then fill your piping bag with your macaroon paste. Make regular circles.
- Once the hats are made, make sure to spread the dough by gently tapping the tray on a table. Let them poach in the open air for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 150°C, fan oven.
- Bake your macaroons for 15 minutes. When they are ready, you will see a collar appear, it should be dry on the outside and the inside should be slightly damp. Let them cool.
Preparation of the white chocolate dark sesame ganache
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Heat your liquid cream and pour it in 3 times on the chocolate while stirring.
- Add your black sesame paste and mix it all together, then keep your ganache in the fridge to firm up.
Finalization of the macaroons
- Wait until your macaroons and ganache have cooled. Fill your piping bag with ganache and garnish your macaroons. It's ready!
Tips for matcha black sesame macaroons:
- The macaroons can be stored in the refrigerator, they will be better the next day!
- Plan to take them out well 15 minutes before eating them.
- You can also freeze them.
Variation of anko white chocolate ganache:
For macaroons you can use as ganache anko (sweet azuki bean paste) as ganache! In fact, instead of the spoonful of sesame paste you will use a spoonful of anko paste. Here is our anko paste recipe. Anko and matcha are very popular flavors in Japan and are often combined in Japanese baked goods.