Matcha green tea tiramisu is a recipe that is often found as a dessert in Japanese restaurants in France. Easy, quick and simple, it must be prepared in advance because it must be kept in a cool place for 4 hours or ideally overnight.
Matcha green tea tiramisu recipe
- 5-10 g matcha green tea powder
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- 15 spoon cookies
- 3 eggs
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Mix the egg yolks and powdered sugar in a large bowl with an electric whisk or by hand for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, adding a pinch of salt. Gently fold the egg whites into the previous mixture (sugar/egg yolk) using a marysee.
- Prepare matcha green tea by heating a little water, mix with a small whisk. Quickly soak your cookies in this green tea.
- Put a layer of cream in the bottom of your pan. Then place a layer of matcha green tea soaked cookies. You can cut the ends of the cookies so that they stick to the wall. Repeat the operation until you have no more cookies and cream. I recommend a minimum of 3 layers of cream.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with matcha green tea powder.
Matcha green tea tiramisu is a refreshing and light dessert that goes well with fruit salad, green tea or dorayaki (Japanese pancake).