Here is a recipe for a matcha green tea cake very greedy. You can also find another matcha green tea cake recipe with white chocolate at the end of the article.
- Matcha green tea for the recipe
- Matcha green tea cake recipe
- Our tips for the matcha green tea cake recipe
The matcha green tea for the recipe
The matcha green tea cake is a cake present in Japan but also in France. The success of your cake depends on the quality of your matcha green tea. Often, the more expensive it is, the better it is. Ours on the picture on the left is a mid-range matcha green tea. We are used to test several brands and ranges in order to give you the best advice. The risk of buying cheap matcha teas is to have a rather bland taste and a lot of bitterness. This will be even more true for teas intended to be drunk.
In any case, you should choose a matcha green tea powder intended for baking. You can find it in Asian grocery stores, on the internet and in tea stores.
Our green tea cake recipe is quite moist! Here are the details:
Matcha green tea cake recipe
- Cake mould
- Salad bowl
- Food processor or electric mixer
- 300 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20 g matcha green tea "more or less according to your taste
- 175 g fresh cream
- 100 g soft butter
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Butter your cake tin.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and matcha green tea.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter then add the fresh cream and mix with a whisk. Remove from heat.
- Using a food processor or electric mixer, beat the whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is thick and white. Put this mixture in a bowl.
- In this bowl, add the flour, salt, yeast and matcha green tea mixture little by little with a spatula. Mix gently until you get a smooth dough.
- Add the cream and egg mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Put the dough in your cake tin and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes, keeping an eye on it. When the cake becomes slightly golden, prick it with a knife blade which must come out dry.
- It's ready!
Our tips for the matcha green tea cake recipe
If you wish, you can add fruits such as raspberries, white chocolate yuzu (a citrus fruit) or almond powder which go well with matcha green tea.
This recipe is very high in calories so eat in moderation. This cake goes well with tea and a little whipped cream!
We suggest you another lighter recipe but just as greedy of a matcha green tea cake with white chocolate and almond powder.