Japanese food lovers, try our matcha and white chocolate cookies recipe which will be perfect for a snack. The matcha is a green tea matcha has been prized for centuries for its detoxifying and antioxidant properties. It goes very well with white chocolate. Our recipe makes excellent cookies, slightly sweetened, but which keep the typical taste of matcha.
For the ingredients, we advise you to choose a matcha green tea from Japan, if possible for pastry. For the white chocolate, choose a good quality chocolate.
Matcha green tea and white chocolate cookie recipe
- 15 g matcha green tea
- 220 g of flour
- 100 g cane sugar or brown sugar if not white sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 sachet of baking powder
- 130 g soft butter
- 1 egg
- 180 à 200 g white chocolate chips
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, sugars, yeast, salt and matcha green tea. Then melt the butter in another bowl.
- Beat the egg, then add it to the mixture with the butter. Mix with a marysee until you have a thick and homogeneous paste. Add the white chocolate chips and mix again.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C with the rack set to the lowest setting. Make matcha tea cookies about 10 cm in diameter using an ice cream scoop for example.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes if you like them soft, otherwise you can go up to 11 minutes for crispier cookies.
Tips and tricks for the matcha and white chocolate cookies recipe
In addition to white chocolate, you can add macadamia nuts. This adds a nutty taste and crunchiness to the cookie.
Try replacing matcha green tea with Hojicha tea powder. Indeed, Hojicha tea is a japanese green tea which is often used in Japanese desserts and especially in ice cream. You will see, it is delicious!
If you like the association of matcha green tea and white chocolate, we advise you to try our matcha green tea and white chocolate cake recipe and our recipe matcha white chocolates. Feel free to rate the recipe and tell us what you think in comments. Have a good tasting!