This matcha creme brulee recipe is an original and tasty way to enjoy the matcha. Moreover, it is easy to make at home and will not fail to surprise you!
To cook the matcha creme brulee, we use the seb multi délice yogurt maker. We will also explain how to cook them without a yogurt maker below.
Japanese matcha crème brûlée recipe in a yogurt maker
- 1 yogurt maker seb mutlidélice
- 1 kitchen torch
- 50 ml of whole milk
- 1/2 tbsp of matcha tea
- 2 egg yolk
- 70 g of sugar
- 50 ml full cream
- brown sugar
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over low heat and add the matcha tea. Whisk and let infuse for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks and sugar.
- Add the matcha flavored milk.
- Add the cream and mix well. Divide among the glass jars.
- Fill the base of the machine with water to the maximum level. Turn on the yogurt maker, select mode 4 (milk desserts) and press OK. Set the time to 45 minutes and start cooking. After this time, if your creams are a bit runny, add more cooking time.
- Let cool completely, and keep them in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with brown sugar and caramelize with a blowtorch. Alternatively, you can put them under the grill of your oven.
Baking matcha creme brulee in the oven
If you don’t have a Seb yogurt maker, you can cook them in the oven:
- Place the cream mixture in ramekins.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C.
- Place your ramekins in a cake pan or rimmed baking sheet and pour hot water in the bottom. Your matcha creme brulee will bake in a bain-marie for 30 to 35 minutes .
- When they come out of the oven, the cream will solidify. Let it cool down, then put it in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving: Sprinkle each ramekin with brown sugar and caramelize with a kitchen flashlight. Wait 1 min and serve, enjoy!
With the remaining egg white you can use it to make matcha and black sesame macaroons.These matcha creme brulee cookies will be perfect with white chocolate and matcha cookies. Don’t hesitate to give us your opinion in comments! Have a good tasting!